For the purpose of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016, (“GDPR”) or any subsequent amendment or replacement or supplementary legislation (together “Data Protection Law”), the data controller is County Supplies (County Supplies London Ltd, Unit C16-20 New Covent Garden Market, Nine Elms, London, SW8 5JJ).
Information we may collect from you
Information you give us:
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our Sites or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when:
- You subscribe to our newsletter, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our Sites;
- You ask a question about or report a problem with our Sites.
The information you give us may include your name, email address, title and organisation name. We operate a double opt-in process which means when you subscribe at countysupplies.com, we send you an email confirming that you do indeed want to receive our marketing emails, newsletters and updates.
Information we collect about you
When you interact with County Supplies online, technical data is collected from your device and web browser.
This data includes:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your online activity, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Sites (including date and time); pages you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer support number;
- information that can identify you, such as your name, office address, office telephone number, e-mail address, and other similar information when you provide it to us via contact forms, newsletter subscription forms, downloads and/or online tools.
What we do with the data we collect?
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- To ensure that content from our Sites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We send marketing emails and information which we think you may find interesting using the email address you have provided
- From time to time, we may also use your email address to contact you for market research purposes. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
You have the right under the Act, free of charge, to request:
- Access to your personal data
- Correction or deletion of your data
- Restriction on the processing of your personal data.
- Object to the processing of your personal data.
- A transfer of your personal data (data portability).
A cookie is a data file stored on a computer hard drive, mobile phone or other device which contains information about the user of our website. Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of
The information collected via cookies can be used to personalise and improve our service to you, for example, to make it quicker to get to the parts of the website that you want to get to.
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the instructions for your file management software to locate the file or directory that stores cookies.
Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our site.
We also collect information about traffic to countysupplies.com using Google Analytics, a web analytics tool that helps us understand how visitors engage with our website. We use this information to help us improve our website and your experience of it. This information is aggregated and anonymised so that we cannot access personal information such as IP addresses. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system
For a full list of cookies used by Google Analytics visit:
Information we share with third parties
Where we do share your data with third parties, we provide written instructions to them to ensure your data is held securely and in line with GDPR requirements. Third parties must implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of your data.
Third parties may include:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them to help deliver the Services we provide to you. As such it may be necessary to share information with them (for services such as email delivery). We will only share with them information that is essential to provide their services.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We may make use the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to display in targeted advertisement to you when you visit other websites.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Sites.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If County Supplies is acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Again, you can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access parts of the site.
How does County Supplies protect data?
We take the security of your data seriously. We have internal policies and controls in place to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed, and is not accessed except by our employees in the proper performance of their duties.
Where we process your personal data for marketing purposes, we will inform you and obtain your opt in consent (before collecting your personal data) if we intend to use your personal data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
If you change your mind about being contacted in the future, please click on the Unsubscribe link and we will remove you from our mailing lists.
We may send push notifications from time to time in order to update you about any service updates, events and promotions we may be running. If you no longer wish to receive these communications, please disable these in the settings on your device.
County Supplies London Ltd. Unit C16-20 New Covent Garden Market, Nine Elms, London, SW8 5JJ